Tuesday, May 19, 2009

8 days to go...


I don't believe i am writting in my blog when i have PILE of things to do, and i am not talking just about polymer clay work, laundry pile is so high, i think i have neglected my duties in the last 2 weeks, these preparations to my 1st international class are a real project and i am doing my best to be prepared :)

so... checklist? wanna go over my things with me? (such a newbie excitement!!!, please forgive me)
let's see -
raw canes and demos? got it! (how do i pack those for flight? they won't let me get those on plane - right?)


Brochure & tutorials for students? - arrived in the mail yesterday! check!


keychains? & barrettes? finished today - check


beads for swap? almost finished

necklaces and jewelry - not yet, i have to string those


table? - a mess (see above)
soon it will all be packed and ready for launch :)
few more days and.....
I'm all flat on the floor :)
thanks for letting me share my mess!

(sorry the photos are small, i do need some surprizes... :) )

6 comments:

  1. Oh, those small photos are so intriguing! :))) I am so impatient to see your creations in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will allow you to take the canes on the plane with you. at least they do in the US. Wrap them individually, place them in a tote nice and snug, add a label that says raw polymer clay canes, and maybe tuck in a new package of clay so they understand. carry it on, and watch them carefully when they are screened by security. hth and good luck on your class

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Zu and Kathi...

    I heard so many stories of clay getting thrown away because it can't be loaded in the handbag, i'm afraid to take that risk...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only begin to imagine how nervous you are. I know I was just getting ready to teach a cane class at our guild... and we're only talking about 15 to 20 people! Congratulations on being chosen to teach and good luck - both now as you get ready and at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is stunning and I am sure you wil be a big hit!
    Congratulations and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes, safe travels and all positive things, Iris. I can only imagine the fun you and your students will have! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete